- Accounts are issued to the University Members and Associate University Members that have the right to access to the computers under the management of Kobe University.
These Accounts are issued as part of the integrated authentication infrastructure for Kobe University. The Information Science and Technology Center is responsible for the procedures of issuing and managing all Accounts.
- In principle, Accounts are issued only to those who have a student ID number or a staff ID number.
- If you have the right to use the computers under the management of Kobe University, but have not received the Account Notification Letter yet, contact to the Information Science and Technology Center.
With security in mind, only a single Account is given to an individual (each user).
- With the prospect of the introduction of IC card or biometric system in the future, authentication is basically performed considering one individual as one unit. Each individual is first authenticated, and then an access permit is granted according to the authority that each individual has.
- Therefore, it is prohibited to share one Account with multiple individuals.
- Similarly, it is also prohibited to tell others your Password.
- In cases where these provisions are violated, your Account could be deleted.
- In addition, it is not recommended to use an ID or Email Address that corresponds to the institute name or your job title. In the event that you use such IIDs or Email Addresses, this system will not allow them to be used once you have transferred from Kobe University.